While the focus of our warehouse consultant service is on doing (not just recommending), we’re often asked to help our clients assess their current warehousing position. They want to know:
- What is my current customer service level?
- What and where are my hidden costs?
- What are the risks in my current warehouse practices?
- Where are staff more critical than process?
- Do we have enough staff and equipment or too much?
- Do we have physical security of our products?
- How should we manage our current layout?
- Where too from here?
For some clients, a warehouse consultant is required by a staff change, project or the need for change. For others, it forms part of a wider long-term strategy to improve the warehouse.. And for some, it’s just about peace of mind. Whatever your reasons, there are times when you simply need help in getting where you’re headed.
Supply Today warehouse consulting services provide a wide range of reviews to customers from general warehousing reviews to full GWP audits for companies involved in pharmaceuticals, life sciences and bio-tech products:
In a warehouse assignment we focus on:
- Receipt of goods into a warehouse
- Quality control
- Status change management
- Order receipt
- Order picking and packing
- Order consolidation for dispatch
- Serial / batch tracking
- Delivery services
- Re-order of stock lines
- Cycle counting
- Ticketing and labeling
- GWP compliance
- TGA compliance
- Vendor Managed Inventory
- Consignment stock